1) Choose a cottage which is totally detached - ideally not adjoining any other cottage, independant - not part of any holiday complex, and totally private - and not with any shared facilities - or overlooked.
2) Look for a cosy cottage with lots character and original features - exposed beams and a log fire are fantastic- (as well as central heating) - providing a really romantic setting!
3) Check the cottage kitchen is well equipped, - to ensure any cooking you do is enjoyable, and doesn't leave you wishing you'd packed your own kitchen gadgets - and essentials.
5) Look for a cottage offering both a shower and separate bath - as it's lovely to have a shower, but truly indulgent to take time out for abit of pampering after a long soak in a deep, hot bath - with, or without your partner!
6) Check to see if the cottage offers unlimited hot water, also that you have full control of the central heating - as both are preferable - and can make a hugh difference to how much you enjoy your overall holiday cottage experience.
7) Without getting too basic, even though there's only two of you, choose a cottage with more than one toilet - 'his' and 'hers' loo!
9) Check there's good mobile phone signal and WiFi connection - not that you want to be constantly checking your emails, but may wish to stay in touch, - managing who can contact you - and choosing who will simply have to wait until your holiday is over!
10) Ideally select a cottage with its own washing machine and drier - so should you get wet in a local downpour - or out walking the coast path, - or accidently soaked by an unexpected wave whilst paddling on a nearby beach, you don't have to worry - not that whilst you're on holiday you want to be doing lots of washing! It's just.....
My Motto is always; 'Have it and not need it, rather than the other way round'.
And then there's the cottage location to consider! Is the cottage easy to get to? (travel times and accessibility both into Cornwall, and in and around Cornwall may affect what you do on holiday).
So If You Are A Couple Looking To Come To Cornwall
And Fancy Staying In A Romantic Holiday Cottage For Two,
Why Not BOOK Rookys Nook
('Perfect Cottage For Two')